Thursday, March 10, 2016

Different kind of heartbreak

Graduation is in about 70 days.
and as i've been looking back on the last three years,
i've decided that if high school has taught me anything it's that heartbreak doesn't always come in the form of a cute boy with a sly smile.
and that sometimes you lay awake until 3am thinking about that time sophomore year when your best friend told you she doesn't really care about any of your problems.
I think if high school has taught me anything its that friends can break your heart too.
I've been on the receiving end of too many broken hearts, i've been a member of the lonely hearts club for too many sleepless nights
and I know i've probably broken my friends hearts too.
 but I want them to understand
I think their too big for high school.
and that all those times I've told them I didn't like the boy they were dating I was really just saying
"no one is good enough to deserve you."'
we've all seen things that we weren't ready for, had to deal with things we were too young for but I want my friends to know they are amazing.
graduation is in about 70 days and I never want to stop talking to my friends.
So this is for gee bee, and becky, and stac,
I'm truly sorry if i've every broken your heart.
I promise to be there for you when the boy with a sly smile leaves, and for when he comes back.
You will all change the world someday, I know because you changed mine.
So this is for all the road trips, snapchats, texts, phone calls, facetimes, breakups, makeups, school dances, inside jokes, this is for you, and me.
This is for no more heart ache.
This is for the 6 years of friendship and for the 6 more.


8 comments:

  1. "we've all seen things that we weren't ready for"

    I love how genuine this all is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think if high school has taught me anything its that friends can break your heart too."

    i totally feel this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. roomies for life, you're never getting rid of me. loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You will all change the world someday, I know because you changed mine"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mali I love you so much this hit me.. Thanks for everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so sweet. beautifully said

    ReplyDelete
  7. you captured friendship at our age so well.

    ReplyDelete